Admission and Fees

Moving into a care home is a big decision and it is very important to have as much information as possible to help with this. Our Manager Karen Dutton is available to discuss the various options available and to assist prospective residents to decide whether it might be the right place for them. In the first instance, this usually involves a visit to Blackley Premier Care to see the lifestyle at first hand.

Following this to arrange to visit the prospective resident in their own home or in hospital to complete a full assessment of both resident’s  needs and whether Blackley Premier care is able to meet those needs. We asses type of room that is most suitable and the level of care which the person requires. This is without obligation and provides the resident with the fullest possible range of information on which to make a decision. We have a range of room rates available and these can be discussed in further detail with Karen at any time. We will accept Social Services funding, however a Top Up will be required to make up the full amount for the room chosen.

Fees is a complex area. There are typically 2 types of resident; those privately funded and those funded by the local council/ social services. Levels of savings and ability to pay fees will dictate what kind of funding is required. There are numerous websites offering advice and your local council website is usually very helpful as are their in house support teams.

Over the years we have dealt with various authorities on different forms of funding we are happy to assist and to help your understanding of available funding.

If the client decides to move in with us, then Karen and her team will co-ordinate all the arrangements and necessary paperwork to enable a stress free move into their new home.

Can I get help with the cost

Social Services provide funding for residential care on the basis of a means test.

When applying for Social Services funding you will be required to complete a Personal Financial Statement in support of the application. The Statement requires photocopy evidence of all income and savings and a schedule of relevant expenditures.
The application form is available from your social worker, who will advise you on how to complete it.

All our rooms are priced above the social service funding. If you choose our home then the difference between the Social Services rate and the room rate must be paid by a relative, friend or charity. This is known as a Third Party Top-Up payment.

Privately Funded Rooms are available and can be discussed with the Home Manager.

If, as a privately funded resident, you choose one of our rooms then once the threshold level is reached and the funding becomes social services a top up to the agreed amount must be paid.

Blackley Premier care will assist you whenever possible and we are happy to discuss funding options with you.
Otherwise please read the Guide to Charges for Residential and Nursing Care Homes.